The perfect complement to our boat tours, Barrier Island Eco-Tours is proud to offer fresh, local seafood prepared in a traditional Charleston fashion. Choose from the options below and experience a true taste of the Lowcountry with a beachside cookout on Capers Island. Please call 843-886-5000 for seasonal catering rates.
- Frogmore Stew a.k.a. Lowcountry BoilPacked with fresh shrimp, smoked sausage, new potatoes, onions, and sweet corn boiled together with traditional seasonings, and served with a mixed green salad, this feast is a Lowcountry classic! Crabs or littleneck clams may be added for an additional fee, and no, there are no frogs in it.
- Charleston Oyster RoastHand-picked select local oysters or clams grilled or steamed to mouthwatering perfection and served with Shane’s secret recipe chili, crackers, cocktail sauce and butter.
- Blue Crab BoilFresh local blue crabs steamed with beer and Old Bay seasoning and served with sweet corn, crackers, cocktail sauce, and butter.
- Fresh Fried Fish or ShrimpFresh Catch deep fried and served with red rice and hush puppies. This is the perfect way to end a day of fishing!
- American BackyardHamburgers and hot dogs grilled to perfection and served with all the fixings and your choice of sides. We can also grill marinated chicken, steak and veggie burgers.
*Bottled water is provided for all Beachside Cookouts.
You may substitute or add the following side items to any of our catering options:
- Steamed corn
- Red rice
- Mixed green salad
- Hush puppies
- Cole Slaw
- Potato Salad
Or even add a sweet treat:
- Watermelon (seasonal)
- Key Lime Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie